Saturday, July 4, 2009

'S Been A While . . .

This is the 'ketchup edition' because a lot has happened and I've missed it all.
  • So first, because this blog is about ME, my story "Afterlife" was a Story of the Week over at Narrative Magazine, and what a joy ride that was! Lots of great comments and I felt like a proper writer. For a week. And now to carry on with my big bad self.
  • Farewell to Farah Fawcett. Charlie's Angels notwithstanding, she was brave and ballsy and my heart goes out to her and her family and mostly to Redmond, her kid.
  • And Michael Jackson, holy shit! Nothing I can add here to the media voyeur monster machine, but his music was sure a part of my life and my kid's life and his weirdness was always something to marvel at.

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

Just wanted to comment on your story "Afterlife" - it was awesome, simply awesome. LOVED it. It stayed with me for days afterwards.

Congrats!

Mitzi

Alicia said...

Thank you Mitzi! And thanks for stopping by my dusty blog!